How much money is in the Thrift Savings Plan (TSP)? Inflation and stock market volatility have been on the rise in 2022 which has led to more transfers between the TSP funds. Are TSP participants bailing on the stock funds as the stock market declines or buying more?
This short video slideshow highlights key data points for the TSP provided by the Federal Retirement Thrift Investment Board (FRTIB), the agency tasked with overseeing the TSP, as of the end of March 2022.
In this video, we show you:
* A summary of the TSP funds' performance in March 2022
* How much money is in the TSP
* How many federal employees under FERS and CSRS are participating in the TSP and their average account balances
* TSP participation rates
* Current TSP fund asset allocation
* Interfund transfers that took place in March 2022